Thursday, December 11, 2008

Tis the season to be jolly...

As a cliche from a very popular christmas song. "Tis the seaso to be jolly..." Makes me realize how to make our less fortunate brothers and sisters to be jolly if there were no food on their tables, no new clothes for the christmas get togethers, no colorful lights and lanterns hanging in ther windows, no christmas atmosphere around their houses... And as true as what the phrase says this is the season to make us happy and merry. Not only kids but even the Dads who have been working all year round to provide all necessities for the family and the moms who's been so much busy taking care of the little echo makers of the house and making both ends meet for their weekly budget. While trying to figure out what to do and how to help, I was so glad to have come up with an idea of christmas gift giving for the less fortunate people from the activity of my son in school. They had a very early gift giving for the little ones. It was held in the Sacred Heart Gym last Dec. 6, 2008. Students from PAref Rosefield were gathered and at the same time the children of the Brgy Sacred Heart. Each students have their own kid counterpart from the Brgy Sacred heart kids. Just looking and observing I saw a really big difference on how a fortunate kid and a less fortunate kid were raised by their parents. This observation is a realization on my part. Because it knocked out my heart and made me teary eyed. Although I have to hide it myself because I don't want to catch attention from the parents beside me. But I'm sure that each parents may have their own realization as i had. Maybe the School Administrator's purpose for their gift giving is to show the Paref Rosefield student the value of sharing, And I'm so proud that they made it right. They were successful in teaching their little citizens the virtue and it even caught me there...

I wish the Paref Community will continue to do this activity. Thank you Paref for being a good example to all your little good citizens..Good virtues will start from our kiddos and if this will continue from their childhood, our nation will soon be populated with good persons and professional citizens.







4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a good way to teach kids to share. My lil sis has the Maaga ang Pasko event in her school. WE fully support it.

rochelle said...

yeah...truly a good time for sharing. because we have been blessed all year round, might as well share it.

Anonymous said...

why not share it to us??????? Hahahahaha

rochelle said...

ey you don't need it na...dapat ikaw mag share...richie rich ka na noh!!!