Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Financial Crisis in December

Truly, Filipinos would never let Christmas pass without celebrating. Everytime I experience traffic jams especially near the malls, I would always think, Do we really have this financial crisis and credit crunch around the world? Maybe, just maybe, these people are trying to search for the gifts to their loved ones and haggle until they get it 60 or 70% less than the actual price. But seeing the prices in the malls, it makes me wonder, how can an ordinary person survive. Even lets say, buying on sale. Honestly, I'm not a sale person here in the Philippines. Why? simply because I can't buy the things I like if it's on sale. They try to keep all those latest items and products that I've been eyeing for a week, and if I wait for the sale period, and go back to the boutique, sorry for me, different items were displayed. And it made me disappointed. Because they advertise "ALL ITEMS 50% OFF" So, here I am excited about the sale, and when I step in the store, I see all items were old stocks.
Now that prices in the grocery shoot up to 20 to 30%, how will others celebrate their noche buena? Before, when I buy Fiesta Ham, a kilo costs only 194 php. Now just bought last week, it costs 300php or even higher. It really makes a difference but Filipinos are very good in making both ends meet. They are good in budgeting their money. As long as there will be food for the whole family, they will really try to celebrate Christmas all together even if there is the financial crisis. Filipinos will still face this crisis and I know and I believe they can surpass all these things.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ang Pinoy, kahit anong problema kinakaya. We're also not that affected by the crisis since we've been having financial crisis since time immemorial.