Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sunday Lunch


I was able to have enough time to cook Caldereta today. Though I had a wrong choice of cut for the beef I used. It took me an hour already using my pressure cooker but still it's not yet done.. Anyway, I cooked it the old fashion way. I put the beef in the pressure cooker uncovered. Put soy sauce, kalamansi juice, cut tomatoes, garlic and onion, Laurel leaf, black pepper, a little sprite, water and star margarine. Let it boil first to take off the fats that will boil over the meat. Then after removing, it's about time to cover, be sure it has enough liquid mixture. Why pressurize with the liquid mixture? It will be hitting two birds in one stone, first is to let the beef tender, and second, to make the meet absorb the taste of the mixture. If the meet is tender, remove it from heat and set aside. Saute garlic and oniion then add potatoes and carrots fry a little bit then add the beef. Get some liquid mixture and add it with the sauted beef. Put on the tomato sauce and a little water. Let the potatoes be cooked. Add black pepper, bell pepper and liver spread. Then if you want it to be spicy add 6-10 sili labuyo. Add cheese toppings. Taste it. If unsatisfied u may add salt. This has been my way of cooking of caldereta since I started learning it. Tip. The caldereta will have a better taste 5 hours or more after you are finished cooking because that will be the time the taste will really come out and blend with all the mixture.

No comments: