Friday, November 28, 2008

Lola Ely's Tapsilog

Lola ely's Tapsilog










Condiments please...



The home of Robin Padilla...Lola Ely's Tapsilog along Felix Huertas in Tayuman near University Belt in Manila. During my FEU days, I would hear a lot of stories about how Robin Padilla made Lola Ely's a favorite tapsilog spot in Manila. As you enter their simple canteen you can see lots of pictures of Robin Padilla posted in their wall with Lola Ely. But that was a long long time ago. He may have forgotten Lola Ely but the famous canteen during the 80's have never forgotten the marks of their favorite actor. I brought my hubby here just to let him taste the famous tapsilog of all time. The taste is still the same but the quantity...hmmm looks like a mini tapsilog for us. Hehehe well, It's ok the price is very cheap though. Anyway, my hubby was able to manage 3 tapsilog and 1 lumpiang gulay. I only had 1 tapsilog and very filling already. I even had take away order for my bro. He even commented on the amount of tapsilog, the size of the egg and the rice..oohhh he said he thought it was for my baby... Another comment we had was their condiments section. What can you say bout their vinegar, fish sauce and soy sauce... Very 80's...They haven't changed their style since then. And it's very homey for me. They never tried to compete on how others would pattern on the evolving styles on how foreign neighboring countries serve their foods, they had their own style and it's truly Filipino. Filipinos are well known for trying to reuse anything that can still be used. And this is one way of saying we help conserve and manage ecological waste.

No comments: