Friday, November 7, 2008

An afternoon delight

One of the great vendors in the city hall....good work manang!
Eric having a sip of his mountain dew

My Ketchup-macaroni


The famous guinatan

Just this afternoon, me and my hubby went to Quezon City Hall to get my documents that is due today, although as usual, their deadline date is not always being followed to, it's fine with me, i'm used to their promises anyway... Well, we had a great afternoon delight right in the middle of the city hall. Yes, right in the middle of the hall they have an open space where they allow small food businesses to step in for about an hour or two everyday at lunch time. They are selling packed lunch and meryendas with very cheap prices. Have you wonder how the taste was? Well, the taste is ...uhmmm..err... well, it costs cheaper... the taste? well, uhhmm...er.... the price is just right... Hehehehe. What can we expect for a macaroni worth 25 pesos?? do you expect an itallian taste? Or a taste of spices??? I call it a ketchup-macaroni... Just a sharing, when I was a kid, I used to go with my mom on her work everyday as a seretary. we don't have much money then so my mom would buy meryenda outside her office, often in a carinderia. Since my favorite is spaghetti, then that's what she would order. As I remember it cost's 5 pesos. So, I'm not surprised with the taste of the macaroni I ordered in the City hall. It tastes the same anyway. My hubby ordered Guinatan... He didn't like it... Ssshh...it's only 15 pesos... but he was able to finish the guinatan ha. I said "hey I thought it's not good...?" He just smiled and ....he ordered again...Lumpiang Toge this time. And again he finished it..no left over....it's only 5 pesos...so we had a great meryenda for a very cheap price. Thinking back, I realized that I have to give credits to Mayor Sonny Belmonte for allowing these small vendors an opportunity to earn a little. It's good that they can sell inside the City Hall because there are a lot of people working there who can at least fill their tummy , with a cheap price just to comfort their small amount of salary.

No comments: