Saturday, March 28, 2009

Vacation...vacation?


We miss daddy and rica



They were not feeling ok but they still manage a smile for a photo

Tired kids

Mom's first time to ride a ferry.. my son too...

At the NAIA 3

Just last week, me and my son went to Hongkong together with my mom my nieces and my mom's cousin. It was actually my mom's birthday celebration in Disneyland for the kids and the kids at heart. Hubby and my Rica wasn't able to come with us since he has work and can't go on leave for a couple of days. It was supposed to be a grand vacation for us, unfortunately, my son, who I believed to be used to travels since he's been travelling since he was 1 year old, now seems to be his first time travelling. He's been vomitting since our day 2. On our first day, it was ok. There were no signs of fever, and I actually was surprised that his cough and colds were all gone since we step foot on hongkong even if the weather is quite cold. And i brought "baon" (which is porkchop with rice) because I know my son will not eat much. Thats my problem everytime we travel. Anyway, he had a very nice appetite and I keep wishing within myself that he'l be eating this much during our stay... And so, off to harbor city we go after our good lunch in the hotel..ooopsss with our baon....hahahaha.. Well, anyway, on the 2nd day, we were suppose to join the city tour. To my surprise, my son has been vomitting 2 times already since he woke up. It got me worried because I know in hongkong there have been a lot of health advisory. And a lot of suspicious thinking roll over my mind. I just made myself calm by merely thinking that it was just because of an upset tummy due to the very cold weather. So I made a warm milk and asked him to drink to make him feel better. I don't want to ruin this vacation for the kids. And the vomit followed one after the other. everytime he drinks water he vomits..Ohh my... too worried that I almost call my friend janice to ask what's the better thing to do... In hongkong, it's ur feet that you would always use as ur means of transportation.. And my sick son doesn't want to walk anymore... All he wants is for me to carry him, ALL DAY!!! I got no choice this time. I don't want to bring him to the hotel while his cousins are freely going to malls and sightseeing. So I carried him with my very tired knees. Too sweet of him that he kisses me from time to time if he feels I'm tired already and even fixes my hair if the wind blows it off. So,my tired and sore muscles are fading. I know he dosn't want me to be this tired, but he can't really walk because he is loosing his energy because of vomitting. But when we went to toy's r Us..He suddenly became better.. Ohh kids will always be kids.... But stil he doesn't want to eat anything... The 3rd day it was his cousin's turn to vomit.. I really don't know what's the reason.. The only thing I can think of is stress.. It was our day for Disneyland and my mom's birthday celebration so we went to a restaurant inside the Disneyland but I forgot the name... They serve Dimsum... Chinese food.. very yummy. They serve sooo nice foods. My son at least liked the deep fried chicken and that was the only time he was able to eat a lot after our porkchop baon. But still we were not that happy because my neice keeps on vomitting just like my son.... Next day, it was my other neice who vomits... What a vacation here... we really can't think of a symptom or cause of their vomit. Just wish that next time... we can have a vacation totally free of worries...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

At least he's okay now and you had fun pa rin naman ...