Saturday, March 7, 2009

A true "Makabayan"


I'd like to bid farewell to a person whom I didn't meet face to face but somehow painted a smile in my face. To someone whom I didn't meet personally but made a big change in my personal outlook in life. To someone I didn't know by heart but was able to touched me deep in my heart through the songs, or should i say the raps that he made. I'm not an avid fan, I don't watch concerts and I don't buy CDs that much. But songs of him rekindles in my mind and in my heart because it was during his era that I first had an interest in music. It was the year when i was in one of those grade school years. And first had interest in his songs even his dance moves. As far as my memory goes  back, the very first song I learned from his music was "Mga Kababayan." I can sing it by the heart... I memorized every single lines. In some of my projects or school performances, I even use this song for an interpretative writing or dance, or even a school's short play. Goodbye to a true Makabayan Idol.... Goodbye Francis Magalona, thanks for being a good example to the new generation who might have forgotten how to love the country.. All your hardworks are truly remarkable....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We lost a great icon.